Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Do you think that people have an unalienable right (i.e. a right that should not be taken away from them) to happiness? Why/why not?

Happiness is something that depends on the person. It changes with the person it affects. For instance, spending quality time with my younger brother is something that makes me happy, and gives me happiness. For some teenagers, this would not be the same case. For them, partying and drinking may give them the happiness they want, whereas I know these things will never satisfy me nor make me happy. That being said, as the feeling of happiness is conditional, so too must an unalienable right to the emotion be conditional. After all, if the death of one human being is what will make another person happy, then I believe that their right to that happiness is not unalienable. An extreme case and example, yes, but things can happen. Every case must be considered in an issue such as this one, even if it is only theoretical.

   
Everyone holds their own happiness in the palm of their own hands. It is what they make it, because it is for themselves only.

No comments:

Post a Comment